History

History

A Glance at First Farmers

In 1909, a small bank in Mt. Pleasant, Tennessee started with a big idea:

Dedicated to Community Service.

Through the years, First Farmers & Merchants Bank has worked with its neighbors to build a strong bank and a thriving community.

As the bank grew, it moved its headquarters to the county seat at Columbia, secured a national banking charter, launched a full-service trust department, became the county's largest bank, and began to expand across county lines in southern Middle Tennessee.

First Farmers operates banking offices in Maury, Lawrence, Marshall, Hickman, Dickson, Giles, and Williamson counties. Bank officers are empowered to make lending decisions at the local office. The bank encourages its employees to take leadership roles in the community.

First Farmers is in the forefront of technological improvements to banking services, including Online Banking on the internet, the Impact Visa® debit card, Phone Bank voice-response system, mobile banking, and more.

In addition to providing personal service for individuals and small businesses, First Farmers has also maintained several successful relationships with such major businesses as Saturn Corporation, General Electric and the Tennessee FarmBureau Federation and its affiliates.