Certificate of Deposit
Certificates of Deposit
First Farmers & Merchants Bank offers the most flexible approach to investing with Certificates of Deposit with a minimum of $1,000: First Farmers offers CD's from seven days to five years.
- Depositors insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- Principal may be withdrawn before maturity with an interest penalty.
- Interest may be paid to you by check or can be credited to your First Farmers checking or savings account.
Certificate of Deposit Rates
|Term||Minimum Deposit to Earn APY||Interest Rate||Annual Percentage Yield|
The minimum balance to open an account and obtain the annual percentage yield is $10,000. A penalty may be imposed for early withdrawal. Annual percentage yields are accurate as of April 22, 2014.
Please contact any Customer Service Representative for all CD terms and rates.
HealthGuard® Certificates of Deposit
Investors whose health concerns make them hesitant to buy certificates of deposit can purchase HealthGuard® Certificates of Deposit at First Farmers & Merchants Bank.
HealthGuard® CD's allow investors to withdraw funds without interest penalty in the event of a medical emergency.
- Depositors are insured by the Federal Deposit Insurance Corporation.
- HealthGuard® rates are identical to regular bank CD rates.
- The bank reserves the right to require proof of illness.
- Penalty may be imposed for withdrawals in the first six days.